The personal liability portion of your homeowner’s insurance policy in Naples Florida covers you against lawsuits for injury or property damage that you or your family members cause to other people. It also pays for damage caused by your pets. The homeowners liability coverage in your standard homeowner’s insurance in Naples FL policy pays both for the cost of defending you and for any damages a court rules you must pay. Unlike the other types of coverage in your policy, homeowners’ liability insurance doesn’t have a deductible that you must pay for out-of-pocket before your insurance company begins paying losses.
If you do everything you can to protect your family and care for your property, you may be asking yourself how safe your home and belongings will be if the unexpected happens. You may also wonder what impact an incident may have on your financial well-being. Your homeowners liability coverage provides financial protection against risks including home fires, burglaries, and damage from storms.
Homeowners liability facts:
- Property owners must keep their property safe, even for trespassers
- A homeowner can be liable for any dangerous conditions that go unrepaired
- The owner can be held responsible for everything from slippery walkways to leaving tools, ladders and equipment out that cause harm to a visitor
- Homeowners are responsible for the actions of their pets; some companies will not provide coverage to owners of high risk “bully breeds” such as pit bulls
When you work with Ackerman Insurance Services, an insurance company in Naples, you can get all of your questions answered, and get a policy in place that meets your unique needs. What do homeowners’ liability insurance cover in Naples, Florida?
The liability portion of your homeowners insurance protects your financial assets in the event that you or another member of your household are legally responsible for damage to another person or their property. For example, it will potentially cover:
- The cost of repairs to another person’s property
- The medical expenses of an injured party
- The cost of your legal defense when an attorney must defend you against bodily injury or property damage
Depending upon the specifics of your homeowner’s insurance policy in Naples FL, you may also be covered for defamation. Under other circumstances, this coverage may be available if you have your agent add a separate endorsement to your policy.
The assets your home liability insurance is designed to protect includes everything from your liquid assets, such as your checking and savings accounts, your investments and retirement accounts, your valuable personal property, your home and any other properties such as a vacation home.
Ackerman Insurance Services can help. The right amount of coverage needed is unique to you and your specific home, family, risks and assets. The value of working with an independent agent at Ackerman Insurance Services is simply that the choice will always be in your hands.