Every homeowner’s insurance in Naples, Florida policy is different. Properly understanding what’s covered requires the homeowner to ask a lot of questions and to read the fine print on his or her insurance policy. At Ackerman Insurance Services– a Naples insurance company, though there are differences between policies, there are some things that almost all insurance policies have in common.
Home insurance in Naples, Florida typically covers a broad range of possible damages like your actual dwelling should be covered, as well as some other structures on the property, like a garage, fence, driveway or shed and the backyard as well. However, if you run a business on your property in a separate structure, this is generally not covered by homeowner’s insurance.
The amount of coverage for personal property may be limited on certain types of high-value items, such as jewelry or artwork unless additional coverage is purchased for these items.
Some structures you should expect to be covered by Ackerman Insurance are:
- Protection for your home’s structure
- Coverage for additional structures on your property, such as boathouses, polls and storage sheds
- Your personal belongings within your home will be covered up to a specified limit
- Payment for property damage caused by you or other members of your household as well as legal responsibility or liability for injuries that occur on your property will be included in your policy
- Some policies may cover injuries sustained by pets while they are inside your home
- If a major disaster, such as fire, leaves your home temporarily unlivable, additional expenses may be included in your property insurance policy
Like other coverages in your policy, homeowner’s insurance coverage has its limitations. For example, certain types of property – like a guest house that you rent out or a home office where you conduct business – may not be covered by your home insurance coverage. However, you may be able to add a business property endorsement to your policy to make sure you’re properly insured. Homeowners insurance protects one of your most important investments, your home, in the event that it’s damaged or destroyed by a covered peril. Your policy also includes coverage for structures that aren’t attached to your home. It is often best to take an inventory of everything that is inside your home and have it with you when you talk to your Ackerman Insurance broker. He or she will be able to help you choose the best level of coverage so you get the policy that is right for you.
Generally, you can choose different coverage options when purchasing your property insurance policy. Each of these options features various levels of coverage, so you should talk to a trusted Ackerman Insurance broker that can help you determine which best fits your situation. Contact Ackerman Insurance Services at NAPLES – 239-597-1096, PALM BEACH GARDENS – 561-406-0609 or fill out the form to start your personalized home insurance quote today.